Punks Kid Rock is the registered name of my American Quarter horse gelding, Rocky. This blog chronicles our adventures together,
as well as stories from my horse past and, occasionally, a tidbit from my non horse life.

Friday, April 27, 2012

AARRRGHHH!

It's official, today I am an idiot.  I have student loans to repay, and was paying from two different sources for a while. Then, one of the websites changed, but I didn't change with it.  Somehow, my mind decided I was paying on both loans from the one site... but not so much. Not since last December.  Although, I suppose that makes me an idiot since last December.

I now have a standing balance of $1356 on my loan, after just paying $200 more of that off after discovering the new website.  And my credit is likely in the shitter, I haven't looked lately but damn.  I feel SO. DUMB. When the link from the emails didn't work, I didn't pursue it, just let it drift quietly away in my mind.  We are trying to save up money to buy a house (and get good credit scores for the same reason) and we're pretty much fucked for a while now. I wish I could post something to the credit gods to explain what happened. And that such a statement would matter.

So, so, SO stupid.

Also, the internet ate 3 of my previous blog posts. I put a thing up in the blogger site asking for the archived blogs that must (must?) exist somewhere.... somewhere the internets have them.  Somehow they got deleted when I tried to tag them on Justin's iPad, but when I went into them, they were blank. Gonzo, just deleted.

Please excuse me while I beat my head against the wall.

2 comments:

  1. Was it direct loan servicing? because that PISSED ME OFF when they changed the address, didn't tell us, and it was almost IMPOSSIBLE to find it... there was absolutely no link from the old website. I couldn't find it when I googled it. I tried calling in so I could pay off my loan, and thankfully, the guy was nice and gave me the new website address, even though this wasn't "his area" and I should have called a different number... which also was nowhere to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was! I feel a little better knowing that someone else had a (sortof) similar experience! :)

    ReplyDelete