Punks Kid Rock is the registered name of my American Quarter horse gelding, Rocky. This blog chronicles our adventures together,
as well as stories from my horse past and, occasionally, a tidbit from my non horse life.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Driving

I have to write a fast post this morning but I wanted to send this one out as it has been on my mind. There are several things that people do while driving that make me want to rip their hair out. Namely:
1. Not using turn lanes properly.  If you are turning and there is a turn lane available, you have to move your vehicle ALL THE WAY into the lane, slow down, and turn.  It sounds simple, but there are a lot of people who ignore turn lanes completely, or slowly wander halfway into the lane so that no one can really go past them.
2. Weaving back and forth in their lane. It looks like you are drunk or a terrible driver, and it makes me worry that you are suddenly going to smash into something (me) or go off the road.  Drive straight, please.
3. Not using turn signals, suddenly slowing down and making a turn. Even worse, not using a turn signal, wandering to a stop (!) and then slooooooowly making your turn. Come on, other people have places to go without trying to figure out what the heck you're doing.
4. Driving 10 mph below the speed limit until getting to a place where I can pass you.  Then speeding up to go 10 over. Seriously?
5. Almost hitting me as I pass you. LOOK AROUND before changing lanes, please.

I'm sure there's more, and I may add them later.  For now, please be a good driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment