Punks Kid Rock is the registered name of my American Quarter horse gelding, Rocky. This blog chronicles our adventures together,
as well as stories from my horse past and, occasionally, a tidbit from my non horse life.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Lists

Four days ago, someone said, "Congratulations!" to me. Feeling a little embarrassed but quietly excited as well, I felt the need to ask, "For what?"

This was not me just trying to be humble; the truth is, there are so many very exciting things going on in my life at this moment, I wasn't sure to which event the person was referring. I didn't want to brag, but I was curious about which awesome part of my life they had discovered. Right now, I have/will:
1. Gotten engaged to the love of my life.
2. A job at an amazing place in my field of study, that will pay me competitively, give me benefits, and offer superb career training and potential for advancement.
3. Graduate from college in 5 days.
4. It's my birthday in 7 days.
5. I am moving back to my hometown to a new apartment with my fiance and our wonderful cat in 6 days.

To graduate from college, I have three things left to do:
1. Finish my senior seminar paper, which entails editing the portion I have to incorporate the feedback given on it, and adding 10 pages of good work to it by Wednesday at 4 pm.
2. Take my Child Development final exam tomorrow at 4 pm.
3. Take my Cognition final exam on Thursday at 11 am.

Other things I need to do this week:
1. Tomorrow, travel to Alexandria to get my engagement ring sized.
2. Pick up my engagement ring after it has been sized, sometime this week.
3. Go to the in town post office to give them our forwarding address.
4. Call our electric company to tell them when to stop billing us, and ask about forwarding us the positive balance in our account.
5. Clean the house- thoroughly.
6. Pack everything up.
7. Go to the grocery store to ask for boxes.
8. Fill both front tires on my truck with air; hopefully it will stop raining soon so I can do that without getting drenched.
9. Close my bank account down here and get all of my tiny bit of money out.
10. Say goodbye to people I love whom I won't see again for a long time.

All in all, it's been a damn good month.

No comments:

Post a Comment