Punks Kid Rock is the registered name of my American Quarter horse gelding, Rocky. This blog chronicles our adventures together,
as well as stories from my horse past and, occasionally, a tidbit from my non horse life.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

I Am So In Debt (AKA, the Story of my Life)

Hello fair readers!
My posts have been lacking in quantity lately, and here is a post to explain why! My program at work is pretty much over, and I have been moved to a different program.  For the last several months I have been trying to find a new job, but alas, so far no luck. Now that I have been moved, I am more eager than ever to move on. However, the new position is not very conducive to post writing /cough so that is why my posts have become a bit spotty.
I have a fledgling dream to go work for maurices, (purposefully left lowercase because that is how they are branded), and work my way up the Buying ladder. I think that would be an amazing job to have, I would work normal hours and *gasp* make some money. Their starting positions make more than I am after three years in my current job.  Unfortunately maurices has passed me up for two positions now, and I am waiting to hear about a third.
I was just awarded Employee of the Month status, which leaves me feeling conflicted. I'm happy I got it, but it makes me feel even more stabby about my income. I am so tired of barely scraping by every month, weighing the cost of going to see my horse against the rise in gas prices. Panicking every time anything unexpected pops up, like owing MN State taxes $800 or taking the dogs to the vet... Both of which we are supposed to do this month. I also want a job where I work normal working hours rather than the odd ones I work now, giving me more time to see my husband and plan after work activities with all of my normally scheduled friends.
All this leads to my decision about the next ACTHA ride at the end of this month. It seems stupid to spend the tiny amount of "extra" money we have (which as I mentioned previously, is more than spoken for this month) on a trail ride.

Sometimes being an adult sucks. Also, someone please hire me! I swear I will do a great job. My four legged family (and, hell, my two legged family) would be super grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! It will all work out!

    I nominated you for a blog award! Come on over and check it out! :-) http://standardbredexcellence.blogspot.com/2013/06/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I took a blog hiatus (you may have noticed) and just saw this! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete