Punks Kid Rock is the registered name of my American Quarter horse gelding, Rocky. This blog chronicles our adventures together,
as well as stories from my horse past and, occasionally, a tidbit from my non horse life.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Rocky Updates

Hello All!

This is going to be a quick post but I thought I'd check in to say hello.

My progress with Rocky is going really well! Yesterday, for the first time, we were able to turn 360 degrees both front and back, left and right. Essentially, he is able to pivot around each of his feet. Yay! Now we are working on backing up, which he does not like to do very much. He's always been "ok" about it, but we are working on backing up off of light cues, and with energy.

I'm really excited to see Clinton Anderson's Walkabout Tour 2012! I am counting down the months until I get to go. His training methods are AWESOME! They definitely work- hence my 360 degree pivoting action! I started helping my mom to achieve yielding (pivoting) from the front. Yay learning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment